MagicConnect Bluetooth Mesh FAQs
1. I’m having trouble adding smart devices to the app. What can I do? Try the following: Make sure you’re within range of the smart device (about 50 feet). Make sure Bluetooth is powered on in your phone. Make sure the device power on. Ensure the device is in 'bright up and fade gradually' mode. If not, please do a factory reset. Try to restart smart device. Try to restart your phone. Do a factory reset device.
2. What is the range for controlling the smart devices?
About 50ft from one of the smart devices. Performance will vary based on home construction and smart device placement. The smart devices can “mesh” together, effectively extending the control range. So if you are within range of one smart device, you can control other smart devices that are further away as long as the smart devices are with range of each other, a bit like a daisy chain.
3. Why does my smart device show offline?
Try the following: Make sure the device power on. Make sure the device has not been reset factory defaults. Make sure your device is in controllable distance, which is within 15 meters between smart devices. If failed to solve the problems after the above suggestions, please try to restore the factory settings and re-add the device in App. 4. Can multiple users control the same set of smart devices? Yes. You and other people you share control with can log into the app on multiple devices and control the same set of smart devices.
5. Can I log into the app on multiple devices?
Yes, you can install the app and log in using the same account on multiple devices.
6. Can I share the app with other people? Yes. Before you share with them, the person who you are sharing with will need to download the app and create an account. From the app’s home screen, tap the action menu in the upper right corner, and choose Share Control from the menu. Enter the email address of the person you’d like to share with.
7. What is the maximum number of smart devices can control with the app? Up to 64 devices in each control place. Individual performance will vary based on home construction and smart device placement. If you want to control more than 64 devices, please create several place to achieve it. It is facile to switch the different place in our app. Because there are up to 64 devices in each control place, you can control lots of devices in your smartphone.
8. Is the device able to connect internet, and control by Alexa or Google Home through voice?
You need to purchase a smart gateway before use Alexa GoogleHome(GoogleHome Under review) control your device.
9. What is the difference between "Place" and "Group"?
1 Place can support maximum 64 smart devices, 1 smart device can be added to 1 Place only, Can’t add 1 smart device to multi Places. 1 Place can support multi Groups, 1 smart device can be added to maximum 8 different Groups.