In this article, we will walk you through how to integrate your MagicLight WiFi bulb with your Amazon Echo. These steps will work for the Echo Dot, Amazon Tap, or any other device that uses the Alexa Voice Service.
*Your Wi-Fi bulbs must be connected to your router to start. If you haven't set up your bulbs yet, watch this video first - WiFi Bulb Setup.
Step 1: Creating your MagicLight cloud account
In order to control your smart bulb with the Amazon Echo or control them remotely, you need to create a MagicLight cloud account.
- Download MagicLight V2 from the app store
- Plug in your smart bulb
- Open your MagicLight app and add device
Your app will display available WiFi networks that your smart bulb found. Select your homes WiFi (if you have a dual-band router select the 2.4ghz signal) and enter your WiFi password.
*Save your Email and Password, we'll need this when signing into our Amazon Alexa app.
Step 2: Enable Alexa Skill
Click the "Create group" link and select which bulbs you would like in that group.
If you've selected the wrong bulb or want to add a bulb, simply click on that group and make your selection by checking off the correct bulb/bulbs and click "save".
These are some of the currently supported Alexa voice commands for the MagicLight WiFi bulb.
- Alexa, set [light name] to [0-100]%
- Alexa, turn [light name] on/off
- Alexa, dim/brighten [light name]
- Alexa, increase/decrease [light name]
- Alexa, set the [light name] light to red
- Alexa, change the [light name] to the color blue
- Alexa, make the [light name] warm white
- Alexa, change the [light name] to the cool white
- Alexa, set the [light name] to daylight
We are constantly improving our Alexa skills so you'll be able to do things like scheduling timers, setting custom modes etc.
Want to change the color of your smart bulb using voice commands and Amazon Alexa? Check out this video